Day 116: Get Out, You Filthy Beast!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2186067/France-declares-war-illegal-migrants-Riot-police-smash-camps-round-gypsies-deportation.html?ICO=most_read_module

Isn't it interesting how we use countries and nationalities (and skin colour, culture, religion etc etc) to divide up and separate all of the different humans. The people of one country are unwilling to assist the people of another country as they are apparently "not the same". People from one country are unwilling to assist those coming from elsewhere as it would cost too much money. Refugees seeking a more hospitable place to live are called immigrants and accused of trying to steal from the "original inhabitants" - jobs and land.

All of this stems from the idea that we must fend for ourselves to protect what is ours from "those who wish to take it". And so we call each other invaders, we force women and children from the shacks they live in with what little possessions they have, simply because they are "alien" and don't belong in MY country.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the labels we give to each other were designed to "desensitize" us so that we don't think of other people as living, breathing and feeling beings, but as "migrants", "romas", "gypsies", "hobos".

I forgive myself for not realizing that if we are treating disadvantaged people without respect or dignity, we will receive the same treatment if ever our positions were to be reversed.

I forgive myself for not realizing that declaring war on immigrants is actually declaring war on those who are simply trying to survive.

I forgive myself for not realizing that survival has become so difficult for so many that simply the fear of poverty is driving people to commit atrocities - all in the name of money.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the fear of losing money and therefore the fear of one's own life diminishing is the driving force behind the scorn that is directed toward those who are seen as "lower class" and "leeches" of society as everyone deeply fears not having enough to survive.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the children who are born to the people who are called "migrants" are given little opportunity to develop into effective and stable "members of society" - as society is very clearly rejecting them.

I forgive myself for not realising that by seeing other people as "alien" we will feel more comfortable to damn them to unpleasant lives as we do not think of or see them as we think of and see ourselves.

I forgive myself for not realizing that  the division of land and peoples is abuse as it facilitates the manipulation and extortion of those who do not have money to defend themselves with.

I commit myself to showing people that playing at being ignorant of the humanness and aliveness of others does not make them any less alive and capable of feeling pain.

I commit myself to show people that treating others with respect and dignity will cause them to treat us with respect and dignity.

I commit myself to show people that if we ensure that everyone is able to survive comfortably as a fulfillment of the basic right to life, then there will be no war and no fear of immigrants.

I commit myself to show people that the fear of not being able to survive is causing us to act like monsters as we deny each other the basic rights to life.

I commit myself to show people that our fear of loss and death is driving our inhumane treatment of others and the labeling of them as inferior - simply because they don't have money and we fear that they will come and take ours somehow.

I commit myself to showing people that every child is entitled to their development in stable and supportive environments.

I commit myself to show people how we use labels to not feel guilty about the miserable lives others lead.

I commit myself to show people how the separation we instigate within our lives is covering up the manipulation and extortion of those "less fortunate" as those who do not have money.

Comments