Day 88: Dignity For All

This is a continuation from Day 87: What Are Human Rights?

I forgive myself for not realizing that we have been denying the basic rights to life of others so that we can ensure our personal needs are met first.

I forgive myself for not realizing that I would not want to be in the position of a being who's basic rights are not guaranteed and based on this knowing, I am actually knowingly condemning others to a life that I would not like to live.

I forgive myself for not realizing that I have been using blame, comparison and judgement as tools to make my opinion on the matter of who deserves what rights seem righteous so that I feel that I have done something to protect my own rights.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the only way my basic rights will be guaranteed is if we all honour each others rights and live in such a way that ensures the polarity of "haves" vs "have-nots", so that there are only haves.

I forgive myself for not realizing that when I use the justification of "one should only get what one works for" that I am actually being a hypocrite as I will only use this excuse for why the poor should not receive assistance and not for why the rich should not lose their wealth when they stop working or when a person inherits a fortune that the money should be taken if the person does not work.

I forgive myself for not realizing that I have developed a system of justifications based on my idea of "fairness" in which I wish to appear righteous and in which I act only to spite others of whom I feel jealous, such as saying that people should not receive assistance if they are poor as they did not work for it when I did have to work for it.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the system as a whole is dysfunctional in that it allows poverty and inadequate education in the first place, and that  any thing I do to try to "improve" the system will be pointless - the whole thing needs to be stopped and replaced.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we need to change who we are before we will be able to implement a system that supports all life, as the system is a reflection of who we are in the thoughts, words and actions we participate in.

I forgive myself for not realizing that my justifications for not treating others as I would want to be treated are based in my fear that I will somehow lose something I value or that I will be diminished if I were to act to benefit anyone other than ME.

I forgive myself for not realizing that I am not living as an example to others as I fear that others will come and take something of mine, not realizing that I am the one who has placed more value in something than life.

I commit myself to showing others that by living only for our own selfish needs that we are simply perpetuating the abuse in the world and that if we are ever going to change anything, we must STOP living selfishly.

I commit myself to show people that we are in fact one step away from living in poverty, as our rights are NOT guaranteed as they are based on how much money we have.

I commit myself to showing people that we have been condemning others to a live of poverty in an attempt to secure our own feeling of security.

I commit myself to show people that there is a way to ensure that all become "haves" and none are "have-nots" by implementing an Equal Money System.

I commit myself to show people how ridiculous and fallacious our justifications are simply so that we can maintain our self images and opinions.

I commit myself to showing people how we have been using fairness to hide our jealousy in order to manipulate what rights others will receive so that we don't feel like they are luckier than we are.

I commit myself to showing people that anything we do within the system to improve the system will have little to no effect as the system in its entirety is dysfunctional.

I commit myself to show people how we create the world around us according to the thoughts, words and actions we participate in.

I commit myself to show people that anything we give a greater value to than life is indicating where we are living according to our own selfish wants and desires as opposed to what is best for all life.

I commit myself to showing people that our fear of loss is preventing us from creating and living in a world in which sharing, compassion, enjoyment of life are possible for every being and not just the lucky few.

Comments