Day 77: White Man's Law

One could argue that the white man was the creator of corruption, greed and all things self-serving. Asians take second place with plenty of dictatorships and totalitarian views.

Or maybe it's when a large group of people live together? When a village turns into a city? Small communities focus on the good of the whole, city life is dog eat dog.

I cannot confidently say that if Africans or Indians were to develop cities before Europeans that things would not have turned out the same way - human nature, eh?

Is advancement and progress inherently evil, or is it humans who are incapable of development in a considerate and non-self-serving manner?

If the white man had not come to Africa, would there still have been such a booming slave trade, or an Arab Spring, or crimes against humanity, or coups? If the white man had not come to the Americas, would the land not be unspoilt still, would the native Americans not still be communing with nature?

But then again atrocities have been committed across all cultures.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing our nature and character to become selfish and focused on personal gain and profit.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system which is based on exploitation for profit, which is a reflection of our "I want to be rich and powerful" characters.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the character that has become the dominant character across the world and within many people is that of "I will take what I want, no matter the cost." not realizing that the cost is everything.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which the evil of the white man has been allowed to seep into the heart of every human, creating a system based on greed, corruption, self-serving and conflict.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we have all taken on the character of the white man as conqueror and subduer of the "weak", not realizing that that which we perceive as weak is actually the opposite of our own character: kind, sharing, considerate.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which it is considered a 'good thing' to be selfish and to live in the illusory reality of real-life character-based games.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which we conquer and dominate everything around us in order to feed our characters of "I will take what I want to live the life I want, no matter the cost".

I forgive myself for not realizing that that which we have accepted as "human nature" has only become such due to our acceptance and allowance.

I forgive myself for not realizing just how much we have justified with "human nature" and in so doing allow ourselves to avoid guilt, shame and responsibility.

I forgive myself for not realizing that what we call "civilized society" is perhaps the most barbaric culture or lifestyle ever to exist.

I commit myself to show people how we live as the character of "selfish" and "personal gain/profit" to become our primary character within each of our lives.

I commit myself to showing people how we each have a "I want to be rich and powerful" character that is the primary director of our lives, causing us to exploit whatever we can get our claws onto until there is nothing left to exploit.

I commit myself to showing people that by allowing ourselves to live as the "I will take what I want, no matter the cost." character that we are bringing doom upon all of life.

I commit myself to showing people that we are each a white devil and that we need to stop our characters of "civilized, western culture" if we are going to stand a chance to exorcise the white devil within.

I commit myself to showing people how that which we have conquered and subdued is our salvation and that of the planet.

I commit myself to showing people how our characters are like avatars in a virtual reality, keeping us from living life.

I commit myself to showing people that our character of "I will take what I want to live the life I want, no matter the cost" is based on the idea that every man is an island - not realizing that we are all part of a whole and cannot survive or prosper without the prospering of every other life form.

I commit myself to showing people that we are able to change that which we believe is human nature by living as an example.

I commit myself to showing people how we have used human nature as a justification to not have to take responsibility for our actions and therefore avoid feeling guilt and shame.

I commit myself to showing people how our "civilized society" has destroyed ever good part that may have existed within humans, such as sharing, consideration, unconditional assistance, honouring nature.

Comments