Day 102: Litterbugs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2179371/Broken-bottles-plastic-bags-left-strewn-Brighton-seafront.html?ICO=most_read_module

Humans generate a lot of trash. We throw shit, dump shit, hide shit and leave shit wherever we go. We are products of our society - or is it our economy - or is the economy a product of us?

I forgive myself for not realizing that from our efforts to create a life for ourselves in which we are constantly competing to be the best and to have the best life that we have created a system in which billions of useless products are created in an attempt to get rich by creating the "next big thing" which must, being the useless items they are, go somewhere when the fad is over as no one has any further use for them - and so they end up in the ocean, on massive rubbish dumps, in rivers, or whatever "out of sight" place is handy.

I forgive myself for not realizing that these "out of sight places" where we are dumping our useless items are actually a part of this world and will not simply go away because we want them to.

I forgive myself for not realizing that any profit based economy must produce billions of tons of products that are engineered to become obsolete/broken within a short time in order to "survive".

I forgive myself for not realizing that we are choking and contaminating our planet with all of our useless crap that is no longer serving our selfish needs.

I forgive myself for not realizing that trash comes hand in hand with a profit based economy and that no attempt within the economic system to minimize the trash will ever be effective enough to actually make a difference because the most important thing in a profit based economy is profit.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the system has now turned into a self-fulfilling prophecy as we now continue to feed the system by living this way and the system continues teaching us to be its fuel.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we have (d)evolved into the perfect creatures for this system, constantly consuming the new and discarding the old, not caring when and how we get our next fix or what happens to the crap we leave behind on the piece of Earth we leave it on.

I forgive myself for not realizing that one of the reasons we care so little about our planet (our home) is that we are all living in fantasies and illusions in our minds, preferring to focus on the pretty lights in the big city flickering and calling us in, inviting us to find some person or thing to keep us company and make us feel good.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we have reached the point that we don't even think of or realize what happens to all of our trash as we have magical trucks that come and carry away our magical trash bags to far away places where it can never hurt or haunt us.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we are now so similar to the manifestations of parasites that it is safe to say that the planet has a severe infection which it may not be able to overcome at the current rate of damage.

I commit myself to showing people how competition is the force behind the manifestation of our system as it is now which is leading us to produce and discard constantly in an attempt to make some money and live a life better than most.

I commit myself to showing people that there is no such thing as remote, out of sight, hidden or "far away" place on this planet as the planet is ONE body.

I commit myself to showing people that the system as it is now MUST produce goods in order for it to continue surviving.

I commit myself to showing people that we are dooming all life on earth with rubbish.

I commit myself to showing people that any action taken within this system as it is now, short of stopping the system completely and instituting a new one, will never be enough to make a difference as the most important thing at the moment is profit.

I commit myself to show people how we are caught in a cycle in which we fuel the system and the system fuels us.

I commit myself to showing people that we are now creatures of the system, complete slaves to its survival as we consume the new and discard the old without a moment's thought.

I commit myself to showing people that our fantasy and illusory lives lived in our heads are allowing us to ignore the plight of what is REAL.

I commit myself to show people how we have been lulled into a sense of safety and security through participating in beliefs and creating systems to make the realities of the world as far away as possible.

I commit myself to show people that we have become the parasites that are slowly devouring the Earth.

Comments