Day 12: Hostage Hospital

This post is based on a bi-polar man who took a gun into a South African hospital and held people hostage, injuring some. The man's family said that he would have "bad episodes" when he had money problems - at the time he had to pay a large excess to his vehicle insurance company. The man was shot and killed by the police. - The Witness newspaper, 28/04/2012.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist where people develop mental and emotional disorders due to money stress.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist in which money drives people to madness.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system of abuse to exist.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a monetary system based on exploitation to exist.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing insurance to exist, where peoples' fear of losing their money is exploited for profit.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a medical industry to exist that is driven by profit.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing the medical industry to exploit people for profit.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a medical industry to exist that promotes excessive and often dangerous drug use.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that doctors want to help people, not realizing that most doctors do what they do because they can earn a lot of money.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to judge the man who took those people hostage as a monster, not considering that he is a product of our society and our money system and therefore we are all responsible for his actions and those of any other person driven mad by money.

I commit myself to question our medical system.

I commit myself to question the reasons for people taking out insurance.

I commit myself to stopping my fear of not having enough money.

I commit myself to promoting a medical system that's sole purpose is to heal and where money is not a factor and people are not required to pay for medical assistance.

I commit myself to taking into consideration a person's entire circumstances and situation before assuming that they are simply a "bad person" for committing certain acts.


Comments