Day 11: The True Evil Within

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/26/world/americas/cnnheroes-villard-appolon-haiti-rape/index.html?hpt=hp_mid

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist where the helpless are abused instead of helped.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing such abuse to exist at any time.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing people to sleep in the street after their home is destroyed by an earthquake.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing people to sleep in the street because they have no place else to go.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing the people who have lost their homes to fall victim to attacks.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing people to go without food and water after an earthquake.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not care about what happens to people after an earthquake.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that people are "good".

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that some people are "just bad" without realizing that our society has encouraged selfish acts and therefore has produced selfish people.

I commit myself to stopping the current system.

I commit myself to changing the world system and society into a system and society that provides for and protects each and every being.

I commit myself to educating myself about human behaviour so that I will be better able to understand and change my own, and in the future, assist others to change there destructive and abusive behaviours.

I commit myself to placing myself in another's shoes.


Comments