Day 121: Designing DNA Of The Perfect Racehorse

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/15/sport/horse-racing-speed-gene-test/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

As if racing isn't abusive enough, now the racehorses are being bred according to whether they have the "speed" gene - because animals are only worth something to us if we can make money off of them. Why else have so many species gone extinct? Either we kill them because they can make us money (think: rhinos) or we kill them because they are in the way of us making money.

What possible reason could we have for fiddling with genes if we're not trying to help the animals (like finding a way to stop genetic disorders and such) - other than for the love of money, of course. Come to think of it, I've never heard of any kind of research into horse genes (or any other animal) the way people are going on about this "Fast gene". In fact, veterinary research is pretty low scale in general. Ask a vet how to support a horse to grow a correct hoof and they're generally pretty clueless - but ask a vet how to suppress your horse's pain so that you can still compete and they'll rattle off all the different kinds of painkillers available - it is your horse - you can do whatever you want with it.

We don't develop gene therapy for diseases and physical weaknesses because there's no money in the cure - but there is plenty money in the treatment. There's also plenty money in horse racing, ergo plenty gene therapy to enhance the horse in order to enhance our winnings.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we have treated animals like commodities for us to profit off of, or as obstacles to making a profit that need to be "dealt with" accordingly.

I forgive myself for not realizing that true compassion and responsibility for animals would have us supporting them as much as possible to be free of disease and ailments.

I forgive myself for not realizing that using animals to make a profit is abuse, as the animal will be treated according to the best way to ensure the highest profit and not the best way to support the animal.

I forgive myself for not realizing that developing gene and DNA research to find and utilise the "fast gene" in horses while genetic disorders are still existent is an indication of just how self interested we are in that profit is more important the curing diseases.

I forgive myself for not realizing that all medical industries are profit driven and do not care about curing diseases because curing diseases would mean that the people working in the medical industries would all be out of jobs.

I forgive myself for not realizing that any person who claims care or compassion for an animal without considering and applying a global solution to human greed is actually only feigning compassion as they are not willing to do whatever is necessary to stop animal abuse, they prefer to hide behind the accepted ideas of activism and such that have never yielded any real results or considered any form of global solution.

I commit myself to showing people how we are only using animals to either profit off of emotionally or economically or removing them from the path of profit.

I commit myself to showing people that applying our resources to support animals to live comfortable lives free from disease instead of finding ways to make more money off of them is true compassion and responsibility.

I commit myself to showing people that any situation wherein an animal is used for profit, money will be the deciding factor in any and all events and situations - not the animal's welfare.

I commit myself to showing people how our current actions are indicating to what extent we are absorbed in our own well being and dismissing the welfare of our animals.

I commit myself to showing people how all medical industries only ever act according to profit and money and do not care about their supposed patients.

I commit myself to showing people how to live true compassion by educating themselves and then finding and applying ways to ensure that all life is honoured at all times, such as within an Equal Money System

Comments