Day 98: $21 Trillion Hidden By Elite

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/23/business/super-rich-hidden-wealth-offshore/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

In this system, what could that kind of money buy for the global population? What could it do to improve the lives of people?

Nevermind that - how do we allow such blatant disregard for life that majority of the beings on this planet have miserable lives because of money (lack of it) while the smallest minority have majority of the money?

The only reason we so blindly accept the system the way it is is because we dream of being one of the elite. Its like we all secretly want to be the psycho oppressive dictator guy who owns an entire country - and because we desire it, we will allow it to exist without question.

I forgive myself for not realizing that my desire to be rich and powerful is what is creating this system of inequality as my desire of something leads to my acceptance of it.

I forgive myself for not realizing that that which I desire I also accept and allow to exist and therefore I am responsible for every event which contained even the smallest aspect of something that I desire.

I forgive myself for not realizing that greed stems from our desire to be special and better than others.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the polarity of wealth and poverty is a direct result of competition.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the fact that fewer than 10 million people out of a population of 7 billion hold most of the wealth in the world whilst billions live in some for m of poverty should be an indication of how unacceptable this system is.

I forgive myself for not realizing that our continued desire to be wealthy ensures that we continue to feed the system that supports the elite.

I forgive myself for not realizing that every time we hope and dream of being rich we are re-affirming our acceptance of the system as it is now.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the media has been fueling our desires to be rich and special in order to keep the system going.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we have been justifying the inequality within the world by saying that the rich have a right to "make something of themselves" and that every person has "equal opportunity" to "become and do whatever they set their minds to" when it should be obvious that this justification is based on the fairytale we tell ourselves every night.

I commit myself to stopping my desire to be rich and special.

I commit myself to showing people that we are accepting and allowing inequality because we do not understand how we are responsible for its existence.

I commit myself to showing people how our greed is based on our desire to feel special and superior to other people.

I commit myself to showing people how competition is the cause of the concurrent existence of poverty and wealth.

I commit myself to showing people how the state of the world is indicating a massive problem in the way we live here together.

I commit myself to showing people that we are supporting the elite in their secret hideaway mansions by desiring to be just like them.

I commit myself to showing people how our fantasies of being special compared to others is actually creating the polarity of poverty vs wealth and inferior vs superior.

I commit myself to showing people how the media has been manipulating us to continue desiring to be rich and special.

I commit myself to showing people that every fairytale is just a tool to brainwash us into accepting a world in which the abuses of polarities such as rich/poor exist.

Comments