Day 90: Brotherhood Of Man

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/13/world/asia/13-year-old-boy-assaulted-in-china/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

2 guys pinned down a teenage boy, forced a compacted air pump nozzle into his anus and released the air. The boy's intestines were damaged, along with other vital organs. The boy was in a coma for 8 days before he woke up. The attackers claim that their act was a "prank".

If you ask me, that's way beyond the scope of a simple prank.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we are all brothers and sisters together here on our home, Earth.

I forgive myself for not realizing that if we do not stand together and change the way we treat each other, we will be dooming ourselves and each other to misery.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the way that we interact with each other is a reflection of the thoughts we participate in inside our minds which breed feelings of jealousy, envy, hatred, discrimination, judgement, comparison etc.

I forgive myself for not realizing that events such as the one in the link above are the result of nasty thoughts built up over time which must inevitably be released somehow as we have not realized that we are able to stop.

I forgive myself for not realizing that our thoughts, words and actions of anger and hatred are the metaphorical nails in the coffin we are laying in, as no one wants to admit to themselves that "I must eat humble pie and recognise the mistakes I have made, otherwise I will hold onto this vile hatred and anger forever, trying to keep myself believing that I am right and righteous."

I forgive myself for not realising that every person is locked into a pattern of "me versus the world" in which each person tries to maintain their own illusion of righteousness whilst blocking out the signals and feedback received from the world around them.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the only reason that one would hold onto an emotion/judgement regarding another being is to maintain one's illusion of being right and therefore righteous.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we desire to feel self righteous so that we can feel superior, as if we are God and all the mere mortals around us bend to our will.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the only way to clean up this mess we have made is to stop participating in thoughts, words and actions that are in any way abusive and educating ourselves to be sharing in that we will we do for others as we would want done for us.

I forgive myself for not realizing that in order to create a new world, we must become the example for which the world should be mirrored as.

I commit myself to showing people how we are all one in that we are here together and so we must ensure that we give to our brothers and sisters all that we would want ourselves, as every aspect of our lives together touch each other so that we will only experience that which we all bring into the world.

I commit myself to showing people that the abusive ways that we treat each other will destroy all of life on Earth.

I commit myself to showing people how to stop participating in abusive thoughts so that we may be as brothers and sisters and not as enemies.

I commit myself to showing people how our thoughts and feelings within build up over time as we do not stop them, and then they must explode at some point in a most violent manner which is actually us trying to tell ourselves that allowing these thoughts and feelings to build up is self abuse and the abuse of others.

I commit myself to showing people how thoughts and emotions are used to allow one to hold onto feelings of being right and from that, righteous, not realizing that we are only digging our own and everyone else's graves deeper.

I commit myself to showing people how the world around us and our physical bodies are constantly giving us feedback about what we allow within ourselves and how we have been blocking this feedback in order to remain within the illusion of righteousness, unwilling to be self honest and correct our mistakes and missteps.

I commit myself to showing people how allowing ourselves to hold onto thoughts and emotions within ourselves causes us to stay charged as the resistance to self honesty.

I commit myself to showing people how any time we believe we are right we are in fact trying to impose our will as God Self Righteous.

I commit myself to showing people how everything we do has consequences within the world and how to see when we are allowing abuse to exist by observing for ourselves: whenever we think, speak or act within the belief of "I am right!" that we are actually abusing another by trying to impose our apparent Godliness upon them.

I commit myself to live as an example of the world that is best for all should be like.

Comments