Day 76: One Third: Gluttons We Are

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/27/world/europe/food-waste-emissions-pichler/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

One billion people are starving.
One third of the food we produce is thrown away.

I may not be a math genius, but it kind of seems to me like there is enough food to feed every single person?

As if the fact that one billion are starving is not enough of a reason to actually distribute food practically, the methane gas that rotting food produces in land fill sites is a "major contributor" to fucking up the planet.

Not to mention the fact that our entire food production process is completely dependent on the slowly dwindling supply of oil. 

If I were an objective observer, I might call the human race completely fucking nutters, but somehow I don't think that that would cut it.

We are all going to die when the planet dies, but not before unimaginable suffering. I almost envy those who are getting out now before the worst comes.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which the fact that one billion people are starving is not enough to implement a practical food distribution system, at the very least, to ensure that each receives enough food.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the world I have accepted and allowed deserves nothing but guilt and shame from me.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system for we we will beg forgiveness from our children for creating.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which people have been programmed to be completely reliant on outside motivation, such as fear and threats of pain and death, before acting.

I forgive myself for not realizing that by allowing the tradition of non-discipline to continue on to our children, we are dooming them to the destruction of the planet.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which the people who are fortunate enough to have money have become gluttons, unable to live with discipline or self regulation.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which we believe that the "western culture" is superior to any other culture, even though the western culture is the only culture in which starvation, homelessness, poverty exist.

I forgive myself for not realizing that our gluttonous ways are contributing to the death of our planet, on which we depend, along with billions upon billions of other beings.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to be developed on the premise that oil as a resource is inexhaustible, not considering that consequences of living as if there are no consequences.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which "personal freedom" is considered as more important that developing a system that is beneficial to all, not realizing that this apparent personal freedom is simply slavery in disguise.

I commit myself to creating a new system in which resources will be distributed practically to ensure that all are properly fed as a fulfillment of each one's basic right to life.

I commit myself to stop participating in the shameful world we have created and to show people that we are able to create a new system that will bring each of us pride and fulfillment.

I commit myself to ensuring that I only participate in creating a world that will bring honour and dignity to the lives still to come.

I commit myself to show people how to develop self-direction so that we are no longer reliant on outside influences and will be able to move ourselves to create a world that is best for all.

I commit myself to teaching our children how to develop self discipline so that they will be able to live in a manner that will not harm the planet.

I commit myself to stopping the gluttonous lifestyles that some of us lead and to show people how to stop living according to self enrichment.

I commit myself to showing people to see the deception of that which we call Western Culture as the focus on the individual and the damning of all other beings.

I commit myself to stopping our gluttonous ways so as to stop the consequences being manifested that are harming the planet.

I commit myself to showing people that oil is not a long term option or solution to the continuation of human life on the planet.

I commit myself to showing people how our apparent "personal freedom" comes at the price of slavery to the system and to money.

Comments