Day 70: Have Some Dog Stew

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2164353/Horrific-images-dogs-killed-cooked-served-meal-sick-Chinese-tradition.html?ICO=most_read_module

We've all heard of eating dogs and cats in China and other Asian countries, other countries eat horse meat, who knows what's in the tins we feed to our pets. Most animals in the food industry live miserable lives and die horrible deaths. I wonder, if we weren't driven by profit, would we still put cost saving above the welfare of the animals who live and die for us?

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which animals are transported for a thousand kilometers without food or water, on their way to be slaughtered for human consumption.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which dogs are beaten to death in an attempt to bring blood into the meat to improve the taste experience.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which taste is considered more important than actual nutrition.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist in which our culture dictates what food we eat, instead of eating that which will fulfill the requirements of our physical bodies.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which superstition exists around eating certain things which leads to the unnecessary and often painful deaths of animals to fulfill our delusions, instead of living and eating according to what is practically required to sustain our bodies whilst ensuring dignified lives for all.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which superstition is allowed to exist which leads to countless animals and even human suffering, all based on beliefs originating from fears and manipulation.

I forgive myself for not realizing that our food industry is most likely the most abusive and secretive industry that exists.

I forgive myself for not realizing that I accept and allow the abuses of the food industry as I accept and allow a profit-based economic system.

I forgive myself for not realizing that in the race for profits and saving as much money as possible, unthinkable atrocities are committed ever moment of every day.

I forgive myself for not realizing that just because I like dogs or cats or horses does not make any other animal less worthy of a dignified life compared to those animals I "like".

I forgive myself for not realizing that many other kinds of animals, probably one hundredfold more, suffer just the same as the animals I "like".

I commit myself to showing people how to properly care for animals so that the animals may live dignified lives and, if need be, meet humane deaths.

I commit myself to showing people that abuse can never be justified, especially not for our personal desires.

I commit myself to showing people how we allow so much unnecessary abuse in order to maintain our "good tasting food" lifestyles.

I commit myself to showing people that living and eating according to culture allows abusive practices to occur as people feel obligated to "honour" their traditions.

I commit myself to showing people that superstitions are delusions and only lead to abuse.

I commit myself to showing people that superstitions are like imaginary monsters in the cupboard, but we believe that the monsters are real and this belief leads us to abusive actions based on fear.

I commit myself to showing people how abusive our food industry is.

I commit myself to showing people how a profit-based economy is the reason for the abuses that exist in our food industry, where animals are treated like commodities to try and squeeze as much profit out of them at the lowest cost.

I commit myself to showing people how our profit-based economy is the cause for almost all of the suffering that exists in the world as money is the motive behind every person's survival.

I commit myself to showing people that our preferences of animals allow us to become blind to other beings' suffering.

I commit myself to showing people that we are all equal and that any form of abuse allowed to exist should be treated the same as it it were our own children being abused.

Comments

Post a Comment