Day 66: Queen Profits While Others Starve

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/21/world/europe/queen-property/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

The Queen of Britain's property portfolio is worth 8 billion pounds, while the people of Britain are struggling to survive more than ever.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which our leaders are wealthy while the people they lead starve.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which our leaders are given their positions according to the circumstance of birth or position of wealth instead of their ability to manage and guide a group of people in a way that will benefit all as opposed to only themselves.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we have given our leaders their power and wealth and continue to accept and allow this way of governance.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the positions of leaders currently only exist so that people do not feel that they must take responsibility for anything other than their own personal lives.

I forgive myself for not realizing that in order to change our governing systems we must all agree to be equally responsible for every factor of our lives and how the system functions.

I forgive myself for not realizing that when a queen is a multi-billionnaire, poverty should not exist.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the fact that the queen is a multi billionnaire when there is mass poverty and financial struggling in her own country very clearly indicates a flaw in our system and our moral compasses of right and wrong.

I forgive myself for not realizing that our perception of what the world should look like is thoroughly warped, as we see no issue with the existence of poverty for some and excess for others.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which a leader would profit off of financially difficult times for her people.

I forgive myself for not realizing that every man, woman or child who dies from a preventable disease or from starvation has in fact been murdered by every other person who continues to accept and allow this system based on gross inequality to continue.

I commit myself to create a new system in which leaders will receive no special benefits or remuneration for their term as leader.

I commit myself to creating a new system in which leaders will be chosen in a democratic fashion by all of the people according to their ability and efficiency.

I commit myself to create a new system in which money will not be the driving force behind our every action.

I commit myself to showing people that taking responsibility for our planet and lives is an act that empowers us to truly be free and that responsibility is not something to fear or cower from.

I commit myself to showing people how to live in a practical way that will benefit all life equally.

I commit myself to showing people that the existence of a rich monarch while there is still poverty is abuse and murder.

I commit myself to showing people how flawed and inequitable our current system is, along with our beliefs relating to it.

I commit myself to showing people how abusive our system is as it allows huge inequalities to exist and yet we act as if nothing is wrong.

I commit myself to stopping leaders from profiting personally from their people's financial difficulties.

I commit myself to showing people that poverty is murder.

Comments