Day 65: Rio +20 Shows We Are Doomed

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/08/world/americas/rio-20-earth-summit-explainer/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/19/world/rio-red-list-extinction-species/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/14/opinion/earth-summit-message-trilford/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

We are so obsessed with "growing our economy" that everything else takes a back seat - even our survival...

I forgive myself for not realizing that conferences and summits such as the Rio +20 are not nearly enough to save us from the annihilation we are hurtling toward.

I forgive myself for not realizing that changing our education systems on its own is not enough to save us.

I forgive myself for not realizing that curbing the population growth is not enough to save us.

I forgive myself for not realizing that balancing economic growth with environmental needs is not enough to save us.

I forgive myself for not realizing that in order to save ourselves we must change our very natures and go against everything that has been taught for generations.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we must stop the sins of our fathers and mothers  from being continued in our and future generations.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the only fire and brimstone that awaits us is here on Earth if we do not stop the destructive path that we are following for the sake of greed.

I forgive myself for not realizing that if we continue to treat life in a "dog eat dog" fashion, then life, nature, Earth, the animals - will repay us in kind.

I forgive myself for not realizing that economic growth has become our God as it is placed ahead of our very survival.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the way we live is not the way we HAVE TO live - we are able to stop this abuse and choose and walk a path that is beneficial to ALL.

I forgive myself for creating a system in which illusory things like the economy are given more value that what is REAL.

 I forgive myself for not realizing that the fact that the Rio +20 is not even attended by every single head of state shows how little we care for the HOME we all share - Earth.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the fact that the agreements and conditions set at summits such as Rio +20 are not even compulsory to meet shows how little we care for and about our HOME - Earth - and the beings who share it with us.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the fact that economic growth is given more importance than ensuring a future for our children shows how monstrous humanity truly is.

I forgive myself for not realizing that any declarations made in summits such as Rio +20 will be inadequate and restricted by money as a loss of profit is apparently unacceptable - as opposed to be poisoned by a toxic environment or our children never seeing wildlife.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we are absolutely fucking batshit crazy, as we KNOW that we are destroying the Earth and yet do nothing to prevent the destruction.

I commit myself to do everything I am able to stop the annihilation of man and Earth.

I commit myself to show people that Rio +20 is INSUFFICIENT and that we must act to ensure a permanent solution to stop the degradation of the environment.

I commit myself to showing people that changing our education system is not enough to ensure a better future for all, we must also change the way we live and use and abuse the Earth and each other to ensure a happy future for all.

I commit myself to showing people that curbing the population growth is not enough to prevent a global catastrophe and that we must act to change the way we live and use and abuse the Earth and each other to ensure a future for all.

I commit myself to showing people that as long as we live according to economic growth in any way we are doomed, as economic growth is a cruel master that demands that we sacrifice ALL.

I commit myself to showing people that the way that we live which has been passed down from previous generations is very often very abusive and that we are often blind to the harm it causes to ourselves and to those around us as we are trapped by the very things that seemingly give us life: our parents and ancestors. 

I commit myself to showing people that we will all be living in HELL if we do not make drastic and massive changes to the way we are living and abusing the Earth.

I commit myself to showing people that our home will sooner or later turn on us, as she has already begun to, to repay us for treating her as a commodity, as if she is our slave, as if we OWN her and may do with her as we please.

I commit myself to showing people that we care more about economic growth than ensured freedom and happiness for ourselves and our children.

I commit myself to showing people that there is at least one solution that will ensure a future for all in which all of our needs will be provided for and we will want for nothing.

I commit myself to showing people that the economy is an imaginary devil on our shoulder, whispering in our ear and that it is not even real.

I commit myself to showing people that the actions we are taking now very clearly show us that we do not even care about our HOME - Earth.

I commit myself to showing people that the apparent declarations made in summits are only made to assuage our  guilt as they have no effect and are not expected to have any effect.

I commit myself to showing people the true nature that is within each of us: vampiric, blood-crazed monsters who will not stop until every drop is had and we are left with only ashes in our mouths.

I commit myself to showing people that money is controlling every thing we do in this life and that it will control us all to early graves.

I commit myself to showing people how absolutely fucking batshit crazy we all are for continuing on this path when we know that it will lead to horrible lives and deaths for ourselves and for our children.

Comments