Day 63: Zookeeper Killed By Wolves In Sweden

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/17/world/europe/sweden-zookeeper-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

A lifelong zookeeper in Sweden has been killed by the wolves in an enclosure at the Kolmarden Zoo.

If you were a wolf trapped in an enclosure at a zoo, what would you do?

I forgive myself for not realizing that the animals we keep in zoos are miserable.

I forgive myself for not realizing that it is abuse to keep animals in zoos for profit masked as entertainment, preservation and education.

I forgive myself for not realizing that allowing our children to see animals in zoos teaches them only of the unnatural state that we have forced onto the animals.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which animals are treated as commodities to make money.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we have not taken the animals into consideration at all when placing them in zoos, as we are fully aware that it is a miserable existence.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we force a life upon these zoo animals that we would never wish for ourselves or our children to live.

I forgive myself for not realizing that forcing this life upon zoo animals is torture.

I forgive myself for not realizing that forcing this life on zoo animals whilst being aware that is it a miserable life makes us torturers and the most evil creatures on Earth.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which we teach our children not to do to another what they want done unto them, but only to do whatever it takes to be happy and make money, regardless of those around them.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system which encourages us to turn our children into monsters who would treat animals and nature as if it is worthless and without life or the ability to feel pain.

I commit myself to live with consideration of those around me - animals, humans, plants, insects.

I commit myself to stopping the abuse of animals that takes place behind the facade of entertainment, preservation and education.

I commit myself to show people that allowing zoos to exist teaches our children only to believe themselves powerful in the apparent power man holds over animals, instead of how to live in a way that maintains a balance within the world.

I commit myself to creating a new system where nothing will be used and abused for profit.

I commit myself to showing people how to live with consideration for animals to ensure that no human mistreats an animal for personal gain.

I commit myself to create a system in which no being will be forced into any life that I/we would not want for myself/ourselves, were I/we in that being's "shoes".

I commit myself to stopping the torture of animals for our personal gain.

I commit myself to showing people how to live in a way that does not include us being evil torturing bastards.

I commit myself to teaching our children to act and treat others how they themselves would want to be treated.

I commit myself to teach our children to respect and consider animals and nature, so that we may live in harmony to ensure that life on Earth can be Heaven for everyone.

Comments