Day 55: $3,4 Million For Lunch

http://money.cnn.com/2012/06/09/investing/buffett-auction-lunch/index.htm?cnn=yes&hpt=hp_t3

An anonymous bidder has paid $3.4 million to have lunch with some famous investor guy for a poverty organization...

How much money do charities and organizations receive in a year?
Have you ever wondered what happens to all that money?
How much of an effect do these charities have on society as a whole?
Does this method of "fighting poverty" even work?

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which there are people who are extremely wealthy while there are also people living in abject poverty.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which it is not a crime to be super wealthy while poverty exists.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system which encourages the belief that charities actually make a difference enough to be able to end poverty.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which we are encouraged to believe that poverty will eventually not exist anymore due to the capitalist system eventually benefiting all.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system which encourages us to believe that the money paid to charities all goes to the benefit of the advertised cause, not realizing that most of the money ends up making the rich richer.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system in which one person will pay $3.4 million to have lunch with someone while poverty exists.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the system as it is now can never provide adequately for all as it is based on exploiting many to benefit few.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system which makes the idea of looking after oneself and ones' family more important than looking after the planet and other people so that people are only thinking of their own survival and therefore do not consider the plight of others.

I forgive myself for not realizing that in order for us to make a real difference we will have to change the system and the way we live.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the best way to care for our families is to ensure that we do not destroy our planet and join together to create a future that is best for all.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system which encourages selfish behavior.

I commit myself to creating a system in which all are wealthy.

I commit myself to create a new system in which it will be unacceptable for one to be rich while another is poor.

I commit myself to showing people that charities are ineffective.

I commit myself to showing people that a capitalist system will never support all members of society due to its nature being based on the polarity of rich and poor.

I commit myself to showing that charities are commonly used to defraud people.

I commit myself to stopping the auctioning of lunches at ridiculous prices while poverty still exists.

I commit myself to creating a system which supports all and exploits no one.

I commit myself to teaching people to be compassionate and considerate of others and to treat others as they themselves would like to be treated.

I commit myself to teaching people that the best way forward is to take a new path that will support all.

I commit myself to showing people that in order for our families to have guaranteed security of living we must create a system which supports all adequately.

I commit myself to re educating people to be compassionate instead of selfish.

Comments