Day 27: Angry Birds

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/11/world/americas/peru-pelicans/index.html?hpt=ila_c2

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/12/world/americas/chile-peru-dead-birds/index.html?hpt=ila_c2

I forgive myself  for accepting and allowing a system that accepts and allows the deaths of thousands of animals due to the damage we have, and still cause.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system that justifies the death of thousands of animals as "acceptable collateral" to making money.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system that poisons the environment without caring or considering what the consequences may be, all for the sake of competition and the instant gratification of profit.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system that dumps toxic waste into rivers, seas, oceans, the ground and wherever else it may not be noticed by humans, in order to save money.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system that accepts and even condones harmful and dangerous manufacturing processes for products that were designed solely to make money.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system that continues to destroy the environment, even while being aware of the deadly consequences of our actions.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system that is harming our home to the extent that our children may live to see the extinction of all birds.

I commit myself to stop the destruction of our home.

I commit myself to re educating people on how we can live in harmony with nature.

I commit myself to educating myself on how to restore what we have destroyed.

I commit myself to stopping all abusive activities that can, or do, in any way harm animals.

I commit myself to ensuring that our children will live in a world free from poisoned environments and where the skies are filled with birds.

Comments