Day 24: Green For GO

This one goes out to all y'all supporters of the green initiative.

America refused to ratify the Kyoto Protocol (stipulates that the average global  releases of gases that trap heat and damage the ozone layer should be reduced by 5,2% by the year 2012, within which America should reduce its gas emissions by 7%) on TWO occasions (in 1998 and again in 2002) - their reason for not signing the treaty: Fear that the American steel industry would be harmed.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that "going green" will stop the destruction of our Nature.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that my actions will make a difference in healing the earth.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that our planet will ever be healed while we still practice capitalism.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to see and realize that no economic or political system that we use will ever restore our planet.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system and society that profits monetarily from "Going Green".

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system that takes advantage of "Going Green" by using peoples fears to make money.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system and society that only cares about the environment when it threatens our survival.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system that promotes "Going Green" measures as enough to heal our planet.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system that would rather make money than enact safer and less harmful practices.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system that would rather save money than enact safer, more costly and less harmful practices.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system and society that does not react in outrage when the true harm of our actions is revealed.

 I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system and society that justifies destroying Nature and harming people and animals for money.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system that does not insist upon and impose laws to stop the abuse of our home for profit.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that all of our lifestyles must change radically in order to effect real changes.

I commit myself to promoting an Equal Money System which would give us the opportunity to stop harming the earth and start healing it.

I commit myself to stop thinking only of my own comfort and start considering where all of my luxuries come from and at what price.

I commit myself to researching and educating myself on what damage we are actually causing in our ongoing drive for profit.

I commit myself to not stop until we ensure that our children will have a planet that is able to support them.


Comments