Day 21: I Am The Saviour Of Everything

Some of us have savior complexes - we try to save everything and fix everything.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that by saving a being I am making a difference, not realizing that I am only putting a plaster on an endless gaping wound.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system that is abusive to the extent that there are millions of beings that require saving.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that in order to stop the abuse the entire system must change.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to focus all of my energy and attention on one or two aspects of abuse, not realizing that the entire system needs to change.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that even a small difference in one life is an improvement, without realizing that there can be no improvement unless all abuse stops.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that by being a savior that I am proving that I care, not realizing that my actions are not supporting any real change or improvement.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to blame others for their apparent "lack of caring" because they are not saviors.

I commit myself to changing the whole system we live by.

I commit myself to stopping the abusive system.

I commit myself to creating a system of equality, equity, dignity, respect for all life.

I commit myself to stop blaming others for their inaction, as I realize that they are still unable to let go of their fear of destabilizing their comfortable lives.

I commit myself to re-educating people that in order to stop the abuse we need to stop the system in it's current state.

Comments