Day 19: Us vs. Them

We are very good at disassociating ourselves with aspects of ourselves that we don't want to face. An example of this would be when we talk about how "they" only use us for our money, "they" treat us like serfs, we don't know what "they" put in/do to our food.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to separate myself from other humans in order to try to hide from my responsibility.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to blame "other people" for my misfortunes and for destroying the world.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that we are all equally responsible for our common home.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to separate myself from other people by referring to them as "they", "them" within my thoughts and words, creating an idea that they are not human, but are just some evil entities.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist where the people who control society are labeled as evil and are not regarded as human so that the rest of humanity doesn't have to feel guilty for being "one of them" (human).

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to label the people who are in control of society as "evil" so that I can compare myself to them and judge myself as "good" and feel better about myself.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist which is based on profit and loss.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist that enables people to commit atrocities for profit.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that in order to stop these atrocities and inequalities, our system needs to end so that a new one can be created.

I commit myself to stop my separation and take responsibility for this mess that we have all accepted and allowed.

I commit myself to stop my blame as a tool to feel better about myself.

I commit myself to stop blaming others in order to hide from my responsibilities.

I commit myself to stop separation of seeing other people as not human so that I can continue believing that I am not capable of doing the things they do.

I commit myself to stop this system of profit and loss and instead implement one of enough for all.

Comments