Day 18: Cages For Crocodiles

The Witness, 04 May 2012.

The NSPCA is charging a South African crocodile farmer with animal cruelty for keeping 200 crocodiles separately in small pens with inadequate space or movement. This action has caused the executive board of the South African Crocodile Farming Association to no longer support the practice of keeping crocodiles in separate pens (to prevent their skin from being damaged before being sold) - until proper research has been conducted.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist that allows crocodiles to be abused for their skins.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist that allows the abuse of crocodiles for profit.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist that only takes action once abuse has been "revealed" and made public.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist that does not promote the education of people by showing where our products and food really comes from and the processes that are followed.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist that promotes ignorance of crocodile abuse for profit.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist that requires organizations like the NSPCA to try to prevent abuse.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist that teaches us that animals are inferior to us and therefore their sole purpose is to be enslaved by us.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a system to exist that teaches us that animals are incapable of feeling or of pain so that we do not oppose the abusive practices.

I commit myself to re-educating man to communicate and connect with animals to realize their true natures.

I commit myself to stopping the abuse of crocodiles for their skins.

I commit myself to creating a new system so that does not allow any form of abuse so that organizations like the NSPCA will never be necessary again.

I commit myself to creating a new system that does not allow any form of ignorance.

I commit myself to re-educating man to see where our products and food really comes from.

Comments