Day 2: I Know What Is Best

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I know the best way to take care of my animal.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to stand so firmly within my conviction that I am completely unwilling to consider any alternate methods/viewpoints.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to judge another for the way that they care for their animal.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to judge another as taking care of their animal the "wrong way" because they do not do it "my way" or in the way that I would do it.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be blinded by my self righteous convictions so that I may not see any harm I may be causing to the animal.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that there are "experts" who know "what is best", without realizing that these so called "experts" are not All-Knowing and the majority of them only do what they do in order to make money, so it is very probable that they are deceiving me/us.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be controlled by what the media and my vet promotes as "good".

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to doubt my own abilities to test for myself what is best for the animal I care for.

I commit myself to stopping my self righteous God-Complex.

I commit myself to doing what is best for the animal in my care, by using common sense to test what works best from the options given to me.

I commit myself to allowing others to care for and share with their animals without reacting in judgement.

I commit myself to allowing myself to consider new perspectives without judgement and preconceived ideas.

I commit myself to not blindly follow and believe the "experts", but to confirm that their findings are relevant and correct.

Comments