Day 14: Shot A Monkey

More than 80% of all monkeys rescued by the Monkey Helpline have pellets in their bodies. Many wild birds, dogs and cats are also shot by pellet guns. The pellets do not kill the animal immediately, the wounds get infected and the lead from the pellets slowly poison the animal.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a society to exist that accepts and allows the shooting, hurting, maiming, and abuse of animals for amusement.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a society to exist that does not teach it's children to be considerate of other beings or any part of nature.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a society to exist that uses and abuses nature and animals for profit.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a society to exist that sees animals, plants and the Earth as inferior to humans.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a society to exist that teaches it's children to use and abuse other beings fro personal gain/self enrichment.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a society to exist that accepts and allows the abuse of "inferior" beings.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to see animals as inferior to humans.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to see plants as inferior to humans.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that everything on this Earth, Earth included, is here to serve humans.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a society that takes the unconditional love, sharing and support of nature for granted and for abusing it in return.

I commit myself to teaching our children to develop compassion, respect, consideration for other beings.

I commit myself to stopping all labels and judgements of inferiority and superiority.

I commit myself to stopping the abuse of animals and nature for amusement.

I commit myself to stopping the abuse of animals and nature.

I commit myself to stop teaching our children to live according to profit.

Comments