Day 1: Grand National Horse Deaths

The following links were used for this article:
http://worldsport.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/16/grand-national-horse-racings-shame/?hpt=hp_c2
http://www.animalequality.net/news/379/animal-equality-condemns-grand-national-horse-race-weekend
http://www.animalequality.net/news/380/two-horses-die-grand-national

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to accept the use and abuse of animals for my own enrichment and entertainment.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to accept that the use and abuse of animals for personal entertainment and enrichment as a part of human nature that is 'unchangeable' .

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to react to the stories of horse deaths with anger and emotions.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to label myself as an Activist in order to feel like I am doing something to stop the abuse of animals, not realizing that being an activist is not a solution to the abuse, it is simply a way to soothe my own ego.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I am a good person for apparently caring for animals simply because I label myself as an activist, instead of realizing that I only care about my own view of myself as a "caring person" and "good person".

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing my idea of myself to control my actions.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be consumed by my own idea of myself.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that my actions as an Activist will actually bring about any changes to "human nature".

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to see the obvious path that is best for all life, a path that may be more difficult to travel, but will yield much greater results.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to defend my actions based on my belief that I am a "good person" because I label myself as an Activist.

I commit myself to taking the "more difficult path" in order to effect real changes in this world.

I commit myself to letting go of my Self-Label of "Activist" and will from this moment forth be a Practivist - where I will find and apply practical solutions to stop the abuse of animals.

I commit myself to stopping my own participation within the activities involving the use and abuse of animals for my own enrichment and entertainment.

I commit myself to no longer acting according to what will make me feel good about myself and like a "good person".

I commit myself to find out what it really means to care for another being instead of using my idea of what caring is to boost my own ego and idea of myself.

Comments